How to choose photographs for your website
Here’s why good images are important:
- Websites with good images get more views
- Images help you show up in search engine results (through meta data)
- Images can win you the click
- Website images fuel social media. Great images can play a major role when it comes to spreading the word about your business on social media.
- Perhaps most important of all in your choice of a great image for your website banner is quality. Great images let your users know that you have put good sense and effort into making your website look great. This is a reflection on your business also.
Here’s why you need to have a good landing (or Home) page photo:
The huge website banner, often referred to as a hero image, can be an effective tool for marketing messages if done correctly. The message is the most important part. The photos are a great accent for selling your goods, services and information.
When deciding what photo to use, think about what you want to say first.
Here are the characteristics of good photos:
They have good composition
They capture emotion
They tell a story
They generally has good lighting and detail
They are generally aesthetically pleasing
A good photograph must make the viewer care, or feel engaged. How it makes a viewer engaged can be achieved in different ways, composition, light, the choice of subject – any or all of these.”
More often than not – Here’s why we can’t use the photos you chose:
They don’t convey a message
They’re out of focus
They don’t go with the colors of the site
They don’t provide a good background for the primary message of your website
They’re not relevant to the (marketing) message for your website