It’s a well known concept that great images on your website translates to more traffic, more sharing, more clients and generally, more business.
The images on the Landing or Home page of your site (especially!) should be professional and compelling, and add to the visual story of your products, services or business overall.
Here’s why great pictures are so important:
- Websites with good images get more views
- Images help you show up in search engine results (through meta data)
- Images can win you the click
- Website images fuel social media. Great images can play a major role when it comes to spreading the word about your business on social media.
- Great images let your users know that you have put good sense and effort into making your website look great. This is a reflection on your business also.
Here’s why great pictures are important on your landing (or Home) page:
The huge website banner, often referred to as a hero image, can be an effective tool for marketing messages if done correctly. The message is the most important part. The photos are a great accent for selling your goods, services and information.
When deciding what photo to use, think about what you want to say first.
Here are some of the characteristics of great pictures:
They have good composition
They capture emotion
They tell a story
They generally have good lighting and detail
They are aesthetically pleasing
A good photograph must make the viewer care, or feel engaged. How it makes a viewer engaged can be achieved in different ways, composition, light, the choice of subject – any or all of these.”
More often than not – Here’s why we can’t use the photos you chose:
They don’t convey a message
They’re out of focus
They don’t go with the colors of the site
They don’t provide a good background for the primary message of your website
They’re not relevant to the (marketing) message for your website